$25,000 grant to build or renovate your home
The government has announced that they will give eligible Aussies $25,000 to build or renovate parts of their homes.
This initiative, named ‘HomeBuilder’, is available to Australian citizens only, who earn up to $125,000 in income for singles or a combined income of up to $200,000 for couples.
The scheme will not be available for companies or trusts, non-Australian citizens, and people under 18 years old.
How to know if you are eligible for this grant?
- You must have a principal place of residence that is up to $750,000 in value. This includes both home and land.
- If you have an existing principal place of residence, you must be planning to renovate for a while, and improvements must be only between $150,000 and $750,000 in value.
- You cannot claim the grant for investment properties.
Where can you use the grant for?
- Your renovation goal must be “to improve the accessibility, safety and liveability” of the home such as improvements in kitchen and bathroom.
- You will not be allowed to use the grant for unconnected additions, such as detached sheds or garages, or for swimming pools, tennis courts or outdoor spas and saunas.
New project contracts must be executed between now, 4 June and 31 December 2020.
So, now is the perfect time to transform your home with glass printing – perhaps with a fresh kitchen splashback or a new showerscreen with your favourite patterns to accentuate your vibe. Create a more liveable space with the ‘wow’ factor along with greater efficiency! Contact us today!